Friday, October 14, 2011

Surprisingly Enjoyable?

I continue to be amazed by the many positive aspects of eating according to hunger and fullness. Yes, of course, the weight loss is one of the biggest benefits. But b/c there are no foods "off the table" (pardon the pun), suddenly I'm able to enjoy eating fast food--no reason to feel guilty, no dread that it will throw me off the next day. I'm able to enjoy healthy food b/c I'm not eating it out of obligation, but rather, b/c grapes or a salad or a spicy grilled chicken breast really, genuinely sound good right then! Then there's exercise...this part truly has me shaking my head. When it was something I "had" to do, I dreaded it and couldn't hardly enjoy it b/c I was working SO HARD to get to some certain time or calorie mark. Now that I don't "have" to anymore, I'm actually doing it MORE! And looking forward to it! And ENJOYING it! This is just the epitome of irony for me. And a GREAT source of motivation to continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment