Sunday, October 2, 2011

Get By With A Little Help

Of course from my friends, but also from a beautiful plant called "Rubiana." It's the Stevia plant--a leaf that I'm told, if eaten raw, greatly reminds us of chewing down on a sugar cube. It's the only no-calorie, all-natural sweetener I know of on the market. And it's SPREADING! Other countries have used Stevia for years, but for some reason it's just recently catching on in the U.S. It's in several products--usually distinguishable with the term "Naturally Sweetened." You can buy it in plain, sugar-like forms, in pre-made drink mixes, as well as in something that (thanks to my big brother) has me so addicted to it that I dare not leave the house without it--Liquid Stevia. It comes in flavors like chocolate, vanilla, berry, lemon, peach, strawberry, peppermint, root beer, english toffee, hazelnut, apricot, grape, orange, etc. It can be put in virtually anything--from milk to coffee, from yogurt to tea. But believe it or not, I like it best in plain ole' H20. Why? Because when something starts "calling" to me from the pantry, I can fix myself a glass of ice water with one of the above flavors and...(wait for it...)...NOT GO TO THE PANTRY! I get some of that sweetness I'm craving without undoing the weight loss progress I've made so far! In fact, without having to endure any unneeded calories whatsoever! (Unneeded b/c my body wasn't hungry.) It's also helped me tremendously with eating out. I'll order unsweet tea and add a flavor--making such a tasty drink that I empty several glasses over the course of the meal and don't leave room for overeating! It's GREAT! So if you're looking for something to help you defeat your sweet tooth, highly recommend trying it. Will definitely make life sweeter while losing weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment