Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Charming Idea

So when you're on a mission to become a skinny twit, you're always looking for sources of motivation--a moving scale, looser pants, a co-worker noticing your progress, etc. Just fuels the desire to keep truckin'. And since I know Nat well enough to know she's not gonna toot her own horn, I'm going to do it for her. She came up with this INCREDIBLE idea... She suggested we all buy charm bracelets, and add a new charm/bead for every 5 lbs we drop. So I did. I am LOVING it--not just b/c it's pretty, but b/c it constantly reminds me of what I've achieved, lifting my spirits. Furthermore, as she pointed out, it helps with accountability b/c if you see it while you're eating, you're a lot less likely to overeat. I've shared this with several other aspiring dieters, who are all considering getting a bracelet as well. So many aspects of weight loss deal with finding what works for you--or in this case, what MOTIVATES! =o)

No comments:

Post a Comment