Sunday, November 6, 2011

Perspective

Keep taking pictures!!!  Even when you don’t like the way you look, or your size, etc. 

IMG_2963

This picture was taken in July 2009.  I was no where near my goal weight, and honestly only about 10 lbs (15 MAX) away from my weight right now.  And when I looked at this picture I cringed.  However, today, 2.5 years later, I don’t see the same thing.  I see a precious little boy who had just had a week long blast of a vacation at the beach and honestly I don’t think I look too bad.  I also see a very happy version of me.  And look at that nice tan???  And dare I say I actually think I look half way decent? So, my point is that I no longer cringe at this photo.

Have I lowered my standards?  I don’t think so.  I think I have realized that it isn’t about a size or number on the scale that makes you beautiful.  Yes, I still want to be healthy and I’m still making that a personal goal, but I’m not going to stop taking pictures because I don’t like what I see.  Because – I should like what I see even when I don’t.  And if I’m too ignorant to see it at the time (like i was back in 2009), I might just have better perspective the next time I look at the picture!

This is what my picture looked like this year – same beach, same week, 2011:

IMG_0274

Ok, not going to lie – I still cringe at this picture.  But I'm working to be 50 lbs down by the time I go back next July (15 down, 35 to go).  And I will be taking another picture!!!!  I bet in a few years when I see this picture, I’m not going to notice the huge arm or neck rolls, I’m hoping I’m going to notice the newborn (chunky) baby and how pretty my hair looked and how happy I looked in this picture.  I will probably remember all the sleepless nights and be thankful that THAT phase of mommy hood is over. 

And I’m praying that with God’s help and some dedication that when I go back this July, in approximately 249 days, that I will LOVE the picture that I take. 

So my point is, don’t stop living life while your trying to get to where you want to be!  Enjoy it now.  Take the pictures.  And set your eyes on the goal where you want to be!!!  Then take baby steps to get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment